March is always an exciting month for me… This is the month of my birthday, the first day of the spring and from now on the ITB month! I have started to blog at the beginning of 2016 and didn’t really know which path should I take or what to write and how… So many questions but I always felt like I need inspiration. And then I have learned about ITB Berlin – the biggest tourism trade fair in the world. I got even more excited when I have heard that they provide bloggers with accreditations and they organize a Blogger Speed Dating event. My only thought was – I will apply and survive!
After a few weeks later I got an approval! How happy was I when they accredited me with a bloggers badge (that was the day when I have started to feel like a real blogger:) Then there was a time to apply for a Blogger Speed Dating which I also got, approved and the best journey in my life has become very serious.
March came really quickly, and I started to get ready for ITB. Printing business cards, preparing presentation, buying comfortable shoes and elegant clothes all of this to make a good impression 🙂
On March 9th I finally crossed the doors of ITB BERLIN… I couldn’t believe how huge is the building (at the same moment I got scared – will I be able to walk all around for so many hours..). But thanks to so many kind people I have met this day wasn’t a tiring nightmare. It was so much fun and a big adventure for me. Thanks to Victoria from The British Berliner blog (and her helpful tips) I knew what to expect and what to do before.
During my first few hours at the ITB, I got lost like at least 10 times. Hours of preparations, map in my hand a plan where to go wasn’t helpful. As it was my first time, I felt like a little kid in a candy factory…. I wanted to see everything, talk to everyone and to experience everything else 🙂
Etihad airlines from inside. I got inside to admire their brand new economy class seats as well as business and first class.
Enormous and stunning Emirates stand. This is where you could try their seats in different categories (from economy do first) as well as learn more about different features like shower and brand new bar in first class.
Inside the Emirates countries hall, there was a lot of beautiful hotels, tourism organizations, tour operators and much more. You could find here representants from Al Bait, Sharjah my destination.ae, Shurooq, Fujairah, Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah, Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort, Intercontinental Fujairah Resort, Rotana Fujairah, Miramar Al Aqab Beach Resort, Rixos The Palm Dubai, VisitDubai.com and much more….
This was definitely one of my favorite halls as I’m really fascinated by those countries.
After admiring all expositions at Arabic countries hall, I went to the Europe (don’t forget that ITB Berlin it’s an incredible fast track journey around the globe!)
My biggest dream is to visit Portugal and that what I was looking for.
Very colorful Sicily stand was attracting a lot of visitors.
Inside German hall 🙂
Emilia Romagna region in Italy
Bonjour France! Cava? N’oubliez pas de #ITBFrance!
Turkey – my favorite country for summer holidays!
Some tips for the first-time visit at the ITB if you are a blogger:
- Apply for a Blogger Speed Dating – you can meet with some exciting companies, and you basically have 8 minutes to present your blog and “sell” yourself! It was an amazing experience for me. I had 4 appointments, but for the next year, I will definitely make more appointments 🙂
- Get ready! I feel that I have wasted a lot of time browsing and getting lost so many times… For the next year, I plan to be ready and make a plan of what I want to see
- Use Virtual Market to make appointments with companies. That was I was using while browsing around different hotel representatives. It is really useful to get in touch with representatives of the company you want to collaborate with.
- Read, read and read even more about others experiences. Before ITB I was browsing around different blogs while looking for some tips!
- Meet with some bloggers during ITB! I was lucky enough to meet fantastic people from all over the world. We have exchanged our ideas and experiences. On March 10th I was really fortunate to make an appointment with Paweł from lubiepodróże who basically introduced me to the ITB world. Showed me how to deal with companies and how to make arrangements! It is better to visit ITB with someone experienced!
- Wear some comfy shoes… unfortunately, during my first day I was wearing some awful shoes, and for the next day, I was suffering…
During ITB you will also have a chance to meet a lot of influential people representing so many different companies. Do not forget to wear some elegant clothes. If you want to do business, then look like a real businessman/woman 🙂
“Born in the USA”… well, definitely my favorite country in the world 🙂 There was also little stand for Canadian companies…
While walking around different halls, you can’t miss Asian-Pacific part of the ITB Berlin. You will not only have an opportunity to try tasty dishes but also meet fantastic people, who will help you to manage your travel plans.
If you plan to visit South America, you won’t be disappointed at all. Their hall is full of energetic music, beautiful dancers, and tasty drinks 🙂
I’m looking forward to ITB 2018! Who am I going to meet there? 🙂 ITB Berlin gave me a lot of travel and blog inspirations. This year was my first time, and definitely, I have made some little mistakes but learned what to improve for the next year 🙂 This even is really inspirational!
Did you have a chance to visit ITB Berlin 2017?